Friday, January 27, 2012

Welcome To Our Love Nest

Hello Everyone! Happy Friday! Aymee here with you on this chilly day to share a project I created using lots of Creative Charms goodies! Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I love to decorate my home for the holiday! I created this project to hang by our front door. I started out with a basic wooden bird house that you can purchase at any craft store. This one was in the dollar bin, so you can't beat that! These bird houses can be painted, adorned with scrapbook paper, or any medium you choose. For my project, I decided to spritz the bird house with some pink spray ink. Not only was this process super easy, but fast! After my ink had dried, I started embellishing my bird house with paper and Creative Charms goodies. Here is what I came up with:
 I used a Creative Charms Sequin Trimmed Butterfly, Gradient Gem Stickers, Vintage Jewels, and some alphabet stickers to decorate the front.
 For the rooftop, I used some cardstock and paper to bring a bit of pattern into my project. I then embellished with a Creative Charms heart felt embellishment and a sparkly garden brad. I did this on both sides of the rooftop. I also removed the cord that originally came with the bird house and replaced it with Hot Pink & White Fancy Polka Dot ribbon to act as my hanger.
 Here is a closer view of the roof...
 For the back of the love nest, I added more heart felt embellishments and garden brads.
 I used wire cutters to cut the tips off of the sparkly brads to make them flat so that they would adhere better to my felt embellishments. I used hot glue for the majority of this project.
Creative Charms Supplies Used:
Felt Hearts

Other Supplies Used:
cardstock, patterned paper, spray ink, wooden birdhouse, alphabet stickers, adhesive

I hope you have enjoyed this project! Come back and visit us at the Creative Charms blog again soon!
Happy Scrappin'!!!

Aymee Gandy

1 comment:

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Love your beautiful Love nest Aymee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...