Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flowered Frames and Boxes for Mother's Day


Hi, it's Diane and I have a few gift ideas to share with you today.  Mother's Day is just around the corner so these are quick and easy projects that are perfect for giving.  I have been making lots of flowers lately  and using them to decorate frames and boxes.

You can hand cut spiral shapes from circles to make the flowers, however, if you have a Cricut machine and the "Mickey and Friends" cartridge, there is a spiral shape that is just right for these rolled flowers.  There is a very detailed explanation on how to make the flowers on my personal blog, Capadia Designs, at THIS POST


The flowers are pretty when they are rolled up and hot glued together but they do look a little bit plain.


Adding a Gradient Gem Brad to the center of each flower brings the flowers to life!


I hot glued flowers in an assortment of sizes and colors to the bottom of an acrylic table frame.  A calendar or a photo could be placed on the mat which was cut with a Spellbinders Nestability die.


 I used the same type of flower, cut from pastel papers, to decorate a small gift box.


 I used Gradient Pearl Stickers in pink for the centers of these flowers.  The small Sparkled Butterfly is a nice accent to the box top.


I used different sizes of pearls to fit the flowers.  I always appreciate getting three sizes on one sheet of stickers - you often need to use several sizes to make your project.


This sweet frame was so quick and easy to make.  I found these plain white frames at IKEA for 99 cents.

 

The Blue Knitted Flowers were just the thing to add to the frame to personalize it.  These flowers are also part of the May Kit of the Month.



This small gingham butterfly from the Kit of the Month adds a finishing cheerful touch.  I used some more Gradient Pearl Stickers to form the butterfly body.  The butterfly is part of the Knitter's Garden - Orange Flowers and Butterfly set.


I think the blue and white combination is so fresh and pretty!


Here is one more card that I made a while ago - I wanted to share it since the Knitted Strawberries it features are also part of the May Kit of the Month

You can check my blog, Capadia Designs, for more details on any of these projects.  I hope that you feel inspired to embellish your flowers.  Have a great week!

3 comments:

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Diane - your projects are gorgeous! Love your flowers and how you added the accents.

Art From The heart said...

Love the flowers,what a fun project.
Hugs, Amy

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

Beautiful projects!!! Thanks for sharing them. I have the Mickey and Friends cartridge and will have to try these flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...