Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Think Pink: CHA Sneak Peek #2

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Creative Charms will be releasing a special embellishment kit.  It has all sorts of fun pink things, but don't think you have to have a house full of girls to use these, just look at my project below!
I wanted to do a page for this project in honor of my husband, Paul, and all the men who, I proudly watch and cheer, walk in the Susan G. Komen, 60 mile, 3-day walk every year.  This August will be Paul’s 6th walk and he has raised over $15,000 for this foundation, I am so proud of him.  We have met many people through this event, all walking for a different reason.  One man, a Chicago firefighter, walks every year and dedicates it to everyone who has ever been touched by this horrible disease, even though his family has no history of breast cancer.   Since I don’t walk, I make the thank you cards every year.  Enjoy!



These cards were pretty simple, but when I put the cute little embellies on them, I really didn't feel like they needed anything else.





Thanks for looking!


7 comments:

Beth said...

Love your work, Gail!!!! Super inspiring!

Stephanie said...

Love these projects, mostly because they are pink and sparkly! Thanks for the inspiration!

sherRae said...

Your layout displays your pride for what your husband does for breast cancer and your thank you cards are super sweet! Thanks for sharing your work.

Cheryl H said...

Who said pink isn't manly. Gail you always inspire me to think outside the box. Love the thank you cards!

AnnaMarie said...

Love both of these. Those little flowers are the best! And your page about Paul (& others) is great.

Morgan said...

Awesome!!! The layout and cards are amazing!!! Love them! :) You inspire me.

Jodi said...

lovin' the new pink goodies!!! can't wait to get my hands on them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...